Monday, January 19, 2009

Retopo Success

Finally, something I've been wondering about for a while now and could never seem to get a solid successful test of was the ability to create new topology for a model without losing the higher level details. I found a tutorial on using the "projection" brush....which really didn't seem to work nearly as well as I'd hoped. I also found a tutorial about tweeking a models topology, meaning making slight adjustments for added details, but never a brand new start on the topology.

All you ZBrush masters are probably thinking, "What's the big deal, it's simple." But I had never found a way to pull it off until this evening. It was actually combining several tutorial examples that gave me the final solution.

Again, for those more experienced folks this is probably a "no-brainer", but for me it's a huge step to understanding ZBrush.

Take a look at the image above and see the savings I was able to pull on poly count....and with better topology.

No comments:

Post a Comment