Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mystery Figure Sculpt

Now, most of you would think I'd be jumping right on that ZBrush contest entry...especially since I got a late start on it. But to be honest, my comfort level with some of the ZBrush features is still not so high. And I wanted to minimize the "oh, crap I really shouldn't have done that like that" factor as much as possible. So I wanted to do one more figure real quick and at least get my feet wet with some of the features I hadn't experimented with before.

And to have a little fun with it I'm not saying who the sculpt is of, but I did try out the "time elapse" feature in ZBrush just to see how that worked. So in less than 4 mintues you'll see the entire figure (torso), take shape in the video above. I'm modeling the head from a sphere a little later (sorry). And a hint on the figure...you'd really have to play City of Heroes or visit my Deviant Art site a bit to pick up on who it is.

So, have fun and enjoy. The real sculpt took around 3 hours....so my speed is still a little lacking.

NOW I've got to jump on my ZBrush entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment